Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

I stupidly entered the number of my phone to call if lost. When I hit call it asks for my password. I entered the 6 digit number but it did not work. n Now it

I stupidly enter the phone number of my iPhone to call if lost. When misplaced in my home I used Find my Phone to find it Now I can't access my phone. It says to tap CALL & then asks for my Mailbox code which I have never set up. How do I regain access to my iPhone?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 7:58 AM

3 replies

Jun 5, 2023 8:04 AM in response to Mygems

Switched Off? Still traceable

Even if the iPhone is switched off it is findable, see the pic below.

Device Offline?

I see my device in Find My, but it's offline

If you see "Offline," "No location available," or "Location Services Off," your device might be offline for one of these reasons:

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.
  • If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

I stupidly entered the number of my phone to call if lost. When I hit call it asks for my password. I entered the 6 digit number but it did not work. n Now it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.