Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Unable to delete apps on iPad

On my iPad, it does not show the option to delete the app, it just shows ‘remove app from Home Screen ’. I am confused and would like to remove my apps, because they are using lots of storage, but I cannot delete them.

Thank You!

—Sincerely, Slay-Queen01

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 2:54 PM

Not all Apps can be deleted from your iPad. Some Apps are integral to iOS/iPadOS; Apps that can’t be deleted can only be removed from the Home Screens, but not from the App Library.

For Apps that can be deleted, if you are experiencing difficulties, check your ScreenTime permissions…

Here are the relevant ScreenTime restrictions:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Installing Apps

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

Either property can be set to Allow or Don’t Allow; the latter will inhibit this action.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2023 2:54 PM in response to Slay-Queen01

Not all Apps can be deleted from your iPad. Some Apps are integral to iOS/iPadOS; Apps that can’t be deleted can only be removed from the Home Screens, but not from the App Library.

For Apps that can be deleted, if you are experiencing difficulties, check your ScreenTime permissions…

Here are the relevant ScreenTime restrictions:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Installing Apps

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

Either property can be set to Allow or Don’t Allow; the latter will inhibit this action.

Unable to delete apps on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.