Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Siri searching web instead of navigating to home.

I used to be able to say “navigate to home” but it stopped working a while ago. Now when I ask Siri to navigate home it tries searching the web. I’ve seen a few people have had this problem, and resetting the listen for Hey Siri seemed to fix it, but no luck for me.

Has anyone had the same problem?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 9:17 PM

If Siri is having trouble with the “Navigate Home” command, it might be because your Home address isn’t set or has been accidentally deleted in your Contact card. Here’s how you can check and fix this:

1. Open the Contacts app on your iPhone.

2. Locate your own contact card (it’s usually marked as “me”).

3. Check if your home address is correctly filled in. If not, tap “Edit” in the top right, scroll down to the address section, and add your home address.

4. After you’ve added or updated your address, make sure to tap “Done” to save the changes.

Once your home address is correctly set in your Contact card, try asking Siri to navigate home again. It should now be able to provide directions to your home.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2023 9:17 PM in response to Russellpjohnson

If Siri is having trouble with the “Navigate Home” command, it might be because your Home address isn’t set or has been accidentally deleted in your Contact card. Here’s how you can check and fix this:

1. Open the Contacts app on your iPhone.

2. Locate your own contact card (it’s usually marked as “me”).

3. Check if your home address is correctly filled in. If not, tap “Edit” in the top right, scroll down to the address section, and add your home address.

4. After you’ve added or updated your address, make sure to tap “Done” to save the changes.

Once your home address is correctly set in your Contact card, try asking Siri to navigate home again. It should now be able to provide directions to your home.

Siri searching web instead of navigating to home.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.