My iMessage will not stay activated

My iMessage will not stay activated. I’m out of the country and need it to work.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 11:06 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2023 12:47 AM in response to zoë72

zoë72 Said:

"I have been able to text during my trip because I have an esim. My imessages just stopped working last night. I get a message saying “iMessage has signed out: an error occurred on your account (### my phone number) is signed out of iMessage. when I sign back in it does not work"

-------

Troubleshooting Calls:

A. Start Here: If you can't Make or Receive Calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

B. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

C. Install a Cellular Update:

It might be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your carrier settings manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

D. Update the iOS Using a Computer:

E. No SIM":

Is "No SIM" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

F.  Contact your Carrier:

Having issues with Cellular, contact your Carrier, asking them to configure this to the correct settings. They configure all of this in the SIM card.

My iMessage will not stay activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.