downgrade to 5GB plan form 50GB

I cannot downgrade my iCloud storage plan. I want to downgrade to 5GB plan form 50GB

but the 'save' option is greyed and I cannot select it. I only have Used

324.1 MB of files on it so 5GB should be available downgrade.

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 11:34 PM

misojou Said:

"downgrade to 5GB plan form 50GB: I cannot downgrade my iCloud storage plan. I want to downgrade to 5GB plan form 50GB but the 'save' option is greyed and I cannot select it. I only have Used 324.1 MB of files on it so 5GB should be available downgrade."

-------

iCloud:

If this "save" option is greyed-out, then try using a different device.

Properly Downgrading iCloud:

1. Download All of iCloud, First:

Prior to downgrading, download all of iCloud. That way you do not lose any data, once downgrading.. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

then...

2. Downgrade your iCloud Plan:

If you want to get less storage in iCloud, downgrading your iCloud plan is the way to go. Note that this has a monthly fee. Here is the link to user: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support. Note that this service is not available in all countries/regions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2023 11:34 PM in response to misojou

misojou Said:

"downgrade to 5GB plan form 50GB: I cannot downgrade my iCloud storage plan. I want to downgrade to 5GB plan form 50GB but the 'save' option is greyed and I cannot select it. I only have Used 324.1 MB of files on it so 5GB should be available downgrade."

-------

iCloud:

If this "save" option is greyed-out, then try using a different device.

Properly Downgrading iCloud:

1. Download All of iCloud, First:

Prior to downgrading, download all of iCloud. That way you do not lose any data, once downgrading.. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

then...

2. Downgrade your iCloud Plan:

If you want to get less storage in iCloud, downgrading your iCloud plan is the way to go. Note that this has a monthly fee. Here is the link to user: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support. Note that this service is not available in all countries/regions.

downgrade to 5GB plan form 50GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.