iPhone 13 Pro Max passwords gone?

Hi. I have an iphone13 pro max. My saved passwords have all gone? I don’t use iCloud. Whenever I used to log onto a site or app such as SystmOnline i clicked password and it fille it in and off I’d go.

They’re all gone. Nothing to do with updates as passwords were already gone, haven’t changed any names, not stored on Google as I don’t sign in.

I have tried all the tips online nothing works?

thank you in advance for any help I may get . I’m not a techy 👩‍💻

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 4:04 PM

Hello mandiejune,

If you've ever synced the passwords in iCloud in the past, you can turn that on to get some back. Just navigate to Settings > Name at the top > iCloud, and turn on the Passwords & Keychain option.

Set up iCloud Keychain

If the passwords were never synced to iCloud, then you may be able to recover them with a backup. You'll want to check to see if you have a backup that was done while the passwords were still on the device. Go to Settings > name at the top > iCloud > iCloud Backup, to see the date/time of your last backup.

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If the last backup was done while the passwords were still on the device, you can restore it to get them back: Restore from an iCloud backup

If the passwords were never synced to iCloud and you don't have a backup that was done while they were still on the device, then you'll need to manually add them back.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 4:04 PM in response to mandiejune

Hello mandiejune,

If you've ever synced the passwords in iCloud in the past, you can turn that on to get some back. Just navigate to Settings > Name at the top > iCloud, and turn on the Passwords & Keychain option.

Set up iCloud Keychain

If the passwords were never synced to iCloud, then you may be able to recover them with a backup. You'll want to check to see if you have a backup that was done while the passwords were still on the device. Go to Settings > name at the top > iCloud > iCloud Backup, to see the date/time of your last backup.

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If the last backup was done while the passwords were still on the device, you can restore it to get them back: Restore from an iCloud backup

If the passwords were never synced to iCloud and you don't have a backup that was done while they were still on the device, then you'll need to manually add them back.

Cheers!

iPhone 13 Pro Max passwords gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.