Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

I turned off my Icloud backup because I was out of storage and deleted the photos off my phone, if I go back to wanting to backup my phone are the photos on my phone going to erase the stored photos in the cloud? I don't want to lose my stored photo

I turned off my Icloud backup because I was out of storage and deleted the photos off my phone, if I go back to wanting to backup my phone are the photos on my phone going to erase the stored photos in the cloud? I don't want to lose my stored photos in the cloud?

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 8:14 AM

If you sync with iCloud, your photos were deleted when you deleted them from your device. If you did not use iCloud Photos but just backed up, your backup will overwrite the old backup.

1 reply

I turned off my Icloud backup because I was out of storage and deleted the photos off my phone, if I go back to wanting to backup my phone are the photos on my phone going to erase the stored photos in the cloud? I don't want to lose my stored photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.