Ace Office will not open on my new Mac. It crashes immediately and gives me a document recovery message. Anyone know what, if anything, is to be done.

As stated above. Ace Office will not open on my new computer. I've installed the app twice and it crashes immediately giving me "Due to an unexpected error, Ace Office crashed. All the files you were working on will now be saved. The next time Ace Office is launched, your files will be recovered automatically.

The following files will be recovered:"

Of course, as the app didn't open any files, no files are listed.

Error message is titled "Ace Office 6.0 Document Recovery.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Similar questions

14 replies

May 14, 2024 6:53 AM in response to wjowen123

wjowen123 wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?
I have a brand new macbook air and can not use ace office.
please advise. thank you.

I would suggest one of the following – take your pick:

• Using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote (included with your Mac)
  • Using the free Web-based versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, in a Web browser
  • Paying for Microsoft Office Home & Student (one-time purchase)
  • Paying for Microsoft 365 (subscription)
  • Installing LibreOffice (which is free, although the developers are happy to to accept donations)

and uninstalling Ace Office (the application; not your documents).

Jun 10, 2023 6:46 AM in response to VikingOSX

Haha! I hadn't even scrolled down to look at the specifics. I posted the App Store link just as a way to avoid downloading the app from an aggregate site. As you know, these are mostly just vectors for adware.

Last change to the app was 2019, where all the developer did was change the name. So Catalina, at the latest, was the last time they touched this thing.

Jun 10, 2023 8:23 AM in response to dialabrain

That is true. All of the aggregate sites used to be practically nothing but a good way to end up installing malware. Eventually, users caught on and virtually stopped going to these sites. That cut into not just the revenue they made with each adware attachment, but no one was seeing/clicking the on-site ads, either.

I think it was two years ago now, I looked up the number of visitors at various sites like MacUpdate and downloads.com. The fall off of visitors by month was pretty dramatic.

I haven't had much need to get any apps from such sites, but when I have recently, I got the app and not a stub installer that always puts adware on your computer first.

Jun 11, 2023 1:10 AM in response to RuedesMartyrs

Here's another office suite that you could try: LibreOffice.

It's Free and Open Source software. You can donate money to the developers if you like, but it's not mandatory. Version 7.5.4 requires Mojave or better – but Version 7.4.7 will run on High Sierra.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download-libreoffice/

May 14, 2024 6:46 AM in response to wjowen123

If I click on the vendor link (CYNOBLE TECHNOLOG…) in the App Store, it brings up a non-secure Web page with the title "Build Great Apps". The page looks like an advertisement for a firm that doesn't want to be an application vendor themselves, but to be an OEM application supplier to other companies.

The page mentions all of ONE application ("Final Video Player"). No mention of Ace Office.

The App Store description says "Requires macOS 10.9.0 or later." 10.9 was Mavericks, released in October 2013. The App Store description gives the copyright date for the program as 2019. That was before Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma, or Apple Silicon Macs were out. Possibly also before Catalina was out.

The last update in the App Store was 5 years ago. There was a release to "Support 10.14" (Mojave) "better."

I would not be surprised to find that this application is dead as a doornail and that it is time to move on.

Ace Office will not open on my new Mac. It crashes immediately and gives me a document recovery message. Anyone know what, if anything, is to be done.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.