I loaned my phone to someone and uses it. He forgot the ID he used. How do I open?

I loaned my phone to someone and uses it. He forgot the apple ID. How do I recover?

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 3:37 PM

Hello,

The other person needs to follow the steps in these links:

If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Good luck.

3 replies

Jun 7, 2023 3:38 PM in response to modesto241

If you’re trying to recover an Apple ID that was used on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the Apple ID account page at https://appleid.apple.com.

2. Click on “Forgot Apple ID or password.”

3. If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

4. Enter the Apple ID.

5. Select the option to reset your password, then choose “Continue.”

Here’s the tricky part. If you don’t know the Apple ID, then you’ll need to click on “Forgot your Apple ID?” You’ll then be asked for some information (like name, email address) to try to help locate the Apple ID.

However, if your friend used his own Apple ID and forgot it, only he can recover it. Apple takes privacy and security very seriously, and only the account holder can access their account.

Also, keep in mind that continuous unsuccessful attempts may lock the account temporarily.

If you’re unable to recover the Apple ID or if the device is locked to that Apple ID, I’d recommend getting in touch with Apple Support directly for further assistance.

I loaned my phone to someone and uses it. He forgot the ID he used. How do I open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.