Will resetting my network and returning to factory default Lose information on my phone?

My

iPhone will not connect to my home Wi-Fi, yet it’s working on my husband’s cell phone (so it’s not the Wi-Fi). I restarted the phone with no success. I know the password. It’s correct. The Wi-Fi icon is illuminated on my phone (the “page” that allows you to select—not up in the corner). A search suggested I go into settings and do a Network Reset to default to Factory settings. Will I lose information by doing that? Sorry—not tech-savvy. It just cannot seem to connect to Wi-Fi despite all looking okay. Any advice? Thank you.

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 5:02 PM

YaleMichMom Said:

"Well…turns out my dear husband DID change the password by one letter —last December (it’s now June)! When I asked if the password was by chance changed, he said, 'No.' I corrected it, and I’m back in business. No clue why I just now started having problems and did not notice."

-------

For future reference...

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Restart your Router:

Restart you router by mowing it off for 30 seconds, and the powering it back on.

E. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: on when the issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 5:02 PM in response to YaleMichMom

YaleMichMom Said:

"Well…turns out my dear husband DID change the password by one letter —last December (it’s now June)! When I asked if the password was by chance changed, he said, 'No.' I corrected it, and I’m back in business. No clue why I just now started having problems and did not notice."

-------

For future reference...

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Restart your Router:

Restart you router by mowing it off for 30 seconds, and the powering it back on.

E. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: on when the issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Will resetting my network and returning to factory default Lose information on my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.