Using 1 iPhone with 2 SIM cards

I just purchased a new esim to use in my current iPhone 14. I would like to separate my business and personal life better so decided it was time to get a new personal phone. My network provider who sold me the esim said I could use both sims in my iPhone 14, as I would prefer to not have 2 handsets, but now I’m not convinced it will work. Seeing as I am signed in with my Apple ID, surely this means I will still see all my business WhatsApp, emails etc when switching to my ‘personal’ sim?. Ideally, I would like to be able to switch between the 2 sims and use the phone like 2 separate phones, but is this even possible?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 12:57 AM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2023 4:10 AM in response to WheelieNick

Thank you. So my business WhatsApp icon will still show on my phones Home Screen, but I wont see any new notifications for messages if I’ve switched to use my personal esim?

I think what I am asking is; (sorry for being so unclear and confusing) if my whole home screen with apps can change when I switch between sims? Can I have only my personal apps showing when using my personal esim for example. Or do I simply need to arrange my apps better and put all business on one page and personal on another. In which case, can I clone apps?

Or should I just give in and get another handset…..

Jun 8, 2023 4:25 AM in response to WheelieNick

I feared so. I am not disciplined enough to not look at work stuff, even if it’s on a separate page 🫣

I was hoping the addition of this esim would have given me the ability to use one phone but completely switch off any business related stuff when switching to the personal use esim. Having said that, have I understood you right in thinking that my business apps won’t show any unread notifications, messages etc unless I am using that sim? If so, that might help as I won’t know there are messages waiting...

Using 1 iPhone with 2 SIM cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.