Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Dual monitor support in new 15-inch MacBook Air 2022 with M2 chip

My current MacBook Air 2020 does not support a dual monitor setup due to hardware limitations. Will the new 15-inch MacBook Air 2022 with M2 chip support a dual monitor setup without external devices?

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 11:58 AM

torukmakto wrote:

My current MacBook Air 2020 does not support a dual monitor setup due to hardware limitations. Will the new 15-inch MacBook Air 2022 with M2 chip support a dual monitor setup without external devices?

Here are the specs for the MacBook Air:

MacBook Air 13- and 15-inch with M2 - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

Here is the info on the newly announced MacBook Air:

Apple introduces the 15-inch MacBook Air - Apple

We can not speculate on future products.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2023 11:58 AM in response to torukmakto

torukmakto wrote:

Here are the specs for the MacBook Air:

MacBook Air 13- and 15-inch with M2 - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

Here is the info on the newly announced MacBook Air:

Apple introduces the 15-inch MacBook Air - Apple

We can not speculate on future products.

Jun 8, 2023 5:17 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Here is the fix that works on my macbook air 2021 m1 chip, I found this on another chat and put what just worked for me today. Getting 3 External Displays:

Well, something interesting I came across the other day: My J5 USB-C Dual

HDMI Docking Station allows for more then two extra monitors. How

so? Well, plug in my projector to my Mac using the USB-C Digital

AV Multiport Adapter and then plug the J5 hub with 2 HDMI

displays (one 4K),

and I have 3 external screens. It all mirrors and extends. Who knew?!

Well I have to say, this is the best thing ever, I have every since I bought my mac tried to figure out how to do two additional monitors and now I got it. This was a breeze and I can see three different screens and work on each one separately. I want to give a great shout out to you for this suggestion for the J5. One thing to all that may review this, I paid a total $72.21 this was off the $90 price at Walmart in store price. Better to order it from Walmart online you will save money and enjoy the look of having three screens to work with.. I am so excited!!!!!!

Dual monitor support in new 15-inch MacBook Air 2022 with M2 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.