WiFi connection

I recently upgraded my singtel fibre network to WiFi 6 system.

But now my macbook (2017) is having issues with connecting to the WiFi network.

I heard it could be a lack in compatibility for my mac with the wifi 6 system.

Can anyone help me out with this? What should I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 3:33 AM

One of the MacBook Pro from 2017 ( as example ) is capable to using

Wireless

• Wi-Fi
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible

The wifi 6 from the Router would have to be configured to Broadcast the wifi signal in possible Automatic versus Only in wifi 6 mode

Example from my Router that can Broadcast in the 2.4 gHz Band , 5 gHz Band and 6 gHz Band

Notice the 6 gHz band will Automatically step down to lower g, n band when an Older Devices attempts to connect

Would suggest talking with the Company or ISP how has suppled this Router on the Specific Direction to achieve this change

Refer to redacted image below

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2023 3:33 AM in response to melvynsavio

One of the MacBook Pro from 2017 ( as example ) is capable to using

Wireless

• Wi-Fi
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible

The wifi 6 from the Router would have to be configured to Broadcast the wifi signal in possible Automatic versus Only in wifi 6 mode

Example from my Router that can Broadcast in the 2.4 gHz Band , 5 gHz Band and 6 gHz Band

Notice the 6 gHz band will Automatically step down to lower g, n band when an Older Devices attempts to connect

Would suggest talking with the Company or ISP how has suppled this Router on the Specific Direction to achieve this change

Refer to redacted image below

WiFi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.