Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi

When i get out of the room where the router is

i get disconnected with wifi

what should i do

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 9:59 AM

Usually it is recommended to place the router in a central area of the place the Wi-Fi is set up. That way you can move from end to end and still keep a signal.

One other thing, is that 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi signal will travel out further than the 5 GHz access point. So if your attaching your Wi-Fi access point to 5Ghz, try connecting to 2.4Ghz and see if this resolves if you can’t move the router location.

one other thing to keep note of, keep Wi-Fi routers away from Microwaves, large metal cabinets, or from cement walls.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2023 9:59 AM in response to roka96

Usually it is recommended to place the router in a central area of the place the Wi-Fi is set up. That way you can move from end to end and still keep a signal.

One other thing, is that 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi signal will travel out further than the 5 GHz access point. So if your attaching your Wi-Fi access point to 5Ghz, try connecting to 2.4Ghz and see if this resolves if you can’t move the router location.

one other thing to keep note of, keep Wi-Fi routers away from Microwaves, large metal cabinets, or from cement walls.

Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.