Can I See but not hear Notifications while on focus mode?

I have an iPhone 8 plus, running 16.5IOS. I know I can enable certain people and apps to notify me while in focus MODE and edit home and lock screen. However, sometimes I need silence while still being able to look at lock or home screen and see if ive missed calls/texts emails etc. Is their a way to SEE all notifications on all apps but not HEAR them, while in focus mode?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 1:02 AM

Re: Can I See but not hear Notifications while on focus mode?

There seems be various possibilities, you might want to browse through Apple Support's articles below, and see what is actually available or will work best for you:

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring or silent mode – Apple Support

Adjust the volume on iPhone – Apple Support

__________________________________________________-

How to:

Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Change notification settings on iPhone – Apple Support

View and respond to notifications on iPhone – Apple Support

Eg: says:

"Mute notifications for an app: Swipe left on the notification or group of notifications, tap Options, then tap an option to mute the app’s notifications for an hour or a day. This sends them directly to Notification Center and prevents them from appearing on the Lock Screen, playing a sound, lighting up the screen, or presenting a banner.

To see and hear these notifications again, swipe left on the notification in Notification Center, tap Options, then tap Unmute".

How to: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations – Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 1:02 AM in response to Lanalee9

Re: Can I See but not hear Notifications while on focus mode?

There seems be various possibilities, you might want to browse through Apple Support's articles below, and see what is actually available or will work best for you:

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring or silent mode – Apple Support

Adjust the volume on iPhone – Apple Support

__________________________________________________-

How to:

Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Change notification settings on iPhone – Apple Support

View and respond to notifications on iPhone – Apple Support

Eg: says:

"Mute notifications for an app: Swipe left on the notification or group of notifications, tap Options, then tap an option to mute the app’s notifications for an hour or a day. This sends them directly to Notification Center and prevents them from appearing on the Lock Screen, playing a sound, lighting up the screen, or presenting a banner.

To see and hear these notifications again, swipe left on the notification in Notification Center, tap Options, then tap Unmute".

How to: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Can I See but not hear Notifications while on focus mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.