Can anyone help me figure out how to make iOS Focus work?

Before iOS 16 I could turn notifications on or off for each app, customize notifications for those apps, and turn all notifications off with Do Not Disturb. Simple. Easy. Effective.

With Focus I’ve tweaked an endless number of settings and I STILL can’t figure out how to just get my messages, calendar, and phone to notify me. I even got a message to create a driving “focus” WHILE I WAS LITERALLY DRIVING. I’m still missing calls, messages, appointments, and reminders and cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix it.

Can anyone share how to set this thing to simply alert me for the apps whose notifications are turned on and stop all notifications when do not disturb is on?

Thanks.

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 10:57 PM

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings > Focus.
  2. Tap a provided Focus option—like Do Not Disturb, Personal, Sleep, or Work—then tap Customize Focus.
  3. Set up your Focus.

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 29, 2023 11:40 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the reply, but simply dictating the steps to get to the settings that are the actual cause of my confusion isn't very helpful. I’m looking for how I can set those settings to “simply alert me for the apps whose notifications are turned on and stop all notifications when do not disturb is on” i.e., to make it work like it did before when notifications were understandable and useful. I hate this feature but I simply need it to work so I don’t keep miss important notifications.

Can anyone help me figure out how to make iOS Focus work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.