APPLE TV+ ON MULTIPLE TV'S

Hello, I can only watch Apple TV+ on two devices, one TV and my iPad. From what I am reading online, you can watch on 6 different devices. The TV I watch it on is a Smart TV and then the iPad. The other TV's are smart TV's, when I launch the app on the other devices, it looks like it will start and then the screen stays black with the Apple TV+ logo, and nothing else happens.

How can I correct this? I love the series and movies that have to offer.

Thank you,

Nancy

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 2:26 AM

The error may be unrelated to the number of devices. Else it would give a proper error message telling you that too many devices are in use.

From what I am reading online, you can watch on 6 different devices.

The limit is about simultaneous streams per account. There is no device limit if the streams are not simultaneous.

… the other TVs …

Depending on the brands and OS versions, there may be troubleshooting steps you can try.

• See if system software updates are available. Install if available.
  • Try deleting and reinstalling the Apple TV app.
  • Try a cold restart of the smart TV or streaming device.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 2:26 AM in response to cernan

The error may be unrelated to the number of devices. Else it would give a proper error message telling you that too many devices are in use.

From what I am reading online, you can watch on 6 different devices.

The limit is about simultaneous streams per account. There is no device limit if the streams are not simultaneous.

… the other TVs …

Depending on the brands and OS versions, there may be troubleshooting steps you can try.

• See if system software updates are available. Install if available.
  • Try deleting and reinstalling the Apple TV app.
  • Try a cold restart of the smart TV or streaming device.

APPLE TV+ ON MULTIPLE TV'S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.