You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very slow and intermittent wifi and Dropbox whilst strong access to Iphone alongside

My Mac Mini is suffering from intermittent wifi and internet availability despite there being strong access from my adjacent iPhone. It can suddenly operate as expected for a short while before reverting.

Mac mini, 13.3

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 5:57 AM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2023 7:08 AM in response to Mendipdigger

Mendipdigger wrote:

My Mac Mini is suffering from intermittent wifi and internet availability despite there being strong access from my adjacent iPhone. It can suddenly operate as expected for a short while before reverting.

<EtreCheck Pro Report.log>

Diagnostics Information (past 7-30 days):

2023-06-10 12:21:49 cfbackd Crash (450 times)

Executable: /Library/Application Support/CleverFiles/BackService.app

I have no idea what this is, but it does not seem compatible ....I would start by uninstall and compare your results.

<acronis> what is this...(?)

You have <CleanMyMac X> this is one of the worst—

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Look for some in-app official uninstaller— if in doubt search the developers website or contact their: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/updates/uninstaller

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Very slow and intermittent wifi and Dropbox whilst strong access to Iphone alongside

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.