Why am I not prompted for a passcode when I try to make a payment with my Iphone 8 plus

Why am I not prompted to add my passcode to authorize a payment in Apple Pay on my Iphone 8 plus?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 12:17 AM

You have enabled it on your device to use Touch Id for Apple Pay.

Manage your Touch ID settings

Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode to manage these settings:

• Turn Touch ID on or off for Passcode, iTunes & App Store, or Apple Pay.
  • Enroll up to five fingerprints. Each new print might make fingerprint recognition take slightly longer.
  • Tap a fingerprint to rename it.
  • Tap a fingerprint, then tap Delete Fingerprint to remove it.
  • Identify a fingerprint in the list by touching the Touch ID sensor. The matching print in the list will be highlighted briefly.

Press the Touch ID sensor using Touch ID to unlock your device. To unlock your device using Touch ID without pressing the Touch ID sensor, go to Settings > Accessibility > Home Button [or top button] and turn on Rest Finger to Open.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 12:17 AM in response to barbg001

You have enabled it on your device to use Touch Id for Apple Pay.

Manage your Touch ID settings

Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode to manage these settings:

• Turn Touch ID on or off for Passcode, iTunes & App Store, or Apple Pay.
  • Enroll up to five fingerprints. Each new print might make fingerprint recognition take slightly longer.
  • Tap a fingerprint to rename it.
  • Tap a fingerprint, then tap Delete Fingerprint to remove it.
  • Identify a fingerprint in the list by touching the Touch ID sensor. The matching print in the list will be highlighted briefly.

Press the Touch ID sensor using Touch ID to unlock your device. To unlock your device using Touch ID without pressing the Touch ID sensor, go to Settings > Accessibility > Home Button [or top button] and turn on Rest Finger to Open.

Why am I not prompted for a passcode when I try to make a payment with my Iphone 8 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.