Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Pay prompt me to turn on Assistive Touch for app downloads and payments

i am struggling to download apps or to make payments on apple pay. it then gives a popup to turn assistive touch on but either way if i turn it on or off it does not work and I have restarted my phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 5:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 5:13 AM in response to wiané

One possible solution to this problem is to check your device's Accessibility settings to ensure that Assistive Touch is configured correctly. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch. Make sure that AssistiveTouch is turned on and configured properly. You can customize AssistiveTouch to your preferences, but ensure that it's enabled for the functionality you need, such as app downloads and payments.

If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone. This won't delete any data but will reset all settings, including Accessibility settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. After the reset, you'll need to reconfigure your settings, including AssistiveTouch.

Additionally, ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Sometimes, software updates contain bug fixes and improvements that can resolve issues related to Accessibility features like AssistiveTouch.

If the problem continues despite trying these steps, consider reaching out to Official Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide personalized guidance and help you troubleshoot the issue in more detail.

Apple Pay prompt me to turn on Assistive Touch for app downloads and payments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.