Macbook Pro 15" 2014 best place to get replacement battery?

Once again I need a battery for my Macbook Pro 15" 2014.

The place I went previously said they can only get used batteries,

and that 'we just hope for the best'. That seems crappy.

So my replacement battery has gone into a 'service recommended'

behavior and it cannot be too long before I am having real issues.

Where is the best place to get a replacement battery?

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 6:41 PM

elvisNoir Said:

"Macbook Pro 15" 2014 best place to get replacement battery?: [...]The place I went previously said they can only get used batteries,[...]"

-------

Where to Get a New Battery:

Contact an AASP:

Unfortunately, being a vintage device, Apple likely wouldn't assist with this. So, take to to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) seeing if they offer service for replacing the battery.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 6:41 PM in response to elvisNoir

elvisNoir Said:

"Macbook Pro 15" 2014 best place to get replacement battery?: [...]The place I went previously said they can only get used batteries,[...]"

-------

Where to Get a New Battery:

Contact an AASP:

Unfortunately, being a vintage device, Apple likely wouldn't assist with this. So, take to to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) seeing if they offer service for replacing the battery.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer.

Jun 10, 2023 7:42 PM in response to elvisNoir

As @TheLittles' mentioned, Apple is the best option for a battery if Apple still has them, but if you already had installed a third party battery previously, then Apple may no longer replace it for you.

If Apple won't replace the battery, then your next best option is one from OWC or iFixIt. Unfortunately the quality of third party Lithium batteries is extremely poor even when purchased from these two respected vendors. I just received a defective battery from iFixIt which they exchanged under warranty. I have had some OWC batteries prematurely fail years ago as well. It is recommended you have a professional perform the actual battery replacement since it is not easy to do. I've seen so many users report accidentally damaging their laptop's while attempting a battery replacement.

Macbook Pro 15" 2014 best place to get replacement battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.