Battery Replacement Cost vs New Laptop

My battery needs service...I would rather not have to get a new laptop but I also dont want to spend money on new battery if price is high. When I keep laptop plugged in all is ok...however, regardless of whether battery is at 100% or lower, when I unplug the computer it shuts down/crashes.

If I decide to have battery replaced how long will it take? How do I find out whether the store has my battery in stock? How do I find out what type of battery I have?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:20 PM

Apple battery replacement service for iOS devices and notebooks - Batteries - Service and Recycling - Apple

This link takes you to Mac repair service and cost estimates. For an estimate go to the bottom where it says Get Estimate. Enter your Mac's information. What you see will depend upon where you live so it makes sense for you to do this and not us.

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 2:20 PM in response to jbw2006

Apple battery replacement service for iOS devices and notebooks - Batteries - Service and Recycling - Apple

This link takes you to Mac repair service and cost estimates. For an estimate go to the bottom where it says Get Estimate. Enter your Mac's information. What you see will depend upon where you live so it makes sense for you to do this and not us.

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Battery Replacement Cost vs New Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.