Zoom controller keeps switching itself off

I permanently have the Zoom Controller showing on my screen, allowing me to quickly zoom in on anything, to save me having to put my glasses on. At a quick press of the controller I can better read a webpage or see the detail in a photo.

The problem is that it keeps switching itself off at random intervals - perhaps every day or two. It’s then a 5 or so button press to turn it back on.

I’ve added it to the ‘back tap’, but if it turns itself off, back tapping won’t activate it again.

Ive been using the Controller for years and had this problem on my iPhone X, as well as this current 13 Pro, so seems it must be a bug in the OS?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 12:05 PM

I have nearly the same problem… but the zoom controller doesn’t get switched off… it just disappears, without zoom deactivated or hiding the zoom controller. If i sleep the phone and wake again by keying in the passcode or using Face ID. it appears for a moment, then disappears.

This happens for periods of time. Other days it stays in place behaving normally.

Very frustrating.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 12:05 PM in response to SravanKrA

I have nearly the same problem… but the zoom controller doesn’t get switched off… it just disappears, without zoom deactivated or hiding the zoom controller. If i sleep the phone and wake again by keying in the passcode or using Face ID. it appears for a moment, then disappears.

This happens for periods of time. Other days it stays in place behaving normally.

Very frustrating.

Zoom controller keeps switching itself off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.