Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Accesibility Zoom, navigating the screen is NOT smooth

Hello, I have got an Ipad 6th generation (2018) 9,7” WiFi

I have low vision and I use Accessibility features, specifically I use Zoom in order to read text.

as you may know in this feature there are two different ways to navigate throughout the screen

the first way is the triple-finger mode and the second is the Zoom Controller

everything was fine until an update… it was an ios update that was installed on late 2019 (surely before the IpadOS update)

from that time, navigating with the zoom controller is very rough/stutting/choppy!

The same is happening when using a bluetooth mouse while Zoom is on. Am I the only one? I have been waiting for an update to fix the problem but nothing happened (neither after the ipadOS). Apple?

P.S. I consider of buying the new Ipad Pro 2021. Am I going to have the same problem?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 3:25 PM

Hello, Nikos!

I am writing this on the exact same Ipad you bought! If I use Zoom, it works pretty smoothly, although sometimes things can be a bit blurry. If you are on IOS, not IPadOS, that explains it! Please update to iPadOS! And no, if you get iPad Pro 2021, this issue will definetly not persist.

Thanks, hope I could help!

Ivy

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 3:25 PM in response to nikosfromδραμα

Hello, Nikos!

I am writing this on the exact same Ipad you bought! If I use Zoom, it works pretty smoothly, although sometimes things can be a bit blurry. If you are on IOS, not IPadOS, that explains it! Please update to iPadOS! And no, if you get iPad Pro 2021, this issue will definetly not persist.

Thanks, hope I could help!

Ivy

Ipad Accesibility Zoom, navigating the screen is NOT smooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.