Network Connectivity Issues

I have an IPhone 13 - Currently on the most up to date version.

Last night I was struggling with sending some messages but I was in an area of the house where it’s a bit of mobile data and Wi-Fi black zone. I ended up falling asleep and when I woke I was still having problems.

Its showing that I have mobile data 4G/5G but its not working and its also saying I’m connected to the Wi-Fi but not showing up the icon at the top of the screen.

What I’ve tried:

Turning IPhone on and off

Resetting the network settings through the option in settings

Toggled on and off the Wi-Fi/mobile data options

I attempted to do a full factory reset but I need to have some form of internet to be able to do this?

I then moved my Sim to an old iPhone (Iphone SE - not updated) and it worked at first connected to the mobile data and my Wi-Fi however it is now doing the same as above and wont connect to Wi-Fi or mobile data about an hour later

My iPad and laptop are connecting fine to the Wi-Fi.

I would appreciate any suggestions?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 11:17 PM

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 11:17 PM in response to Rebeccalouiise

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Network Connectivity Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.