Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

сканер hp laserjet 3055

hp laserjet 3055 scanner. Imac 2011 (HiSierra) does not see the scanner, there is no driver in the manufacturer's package. the printer is working fine. the device itself (photocopying) also works fine. when you try to start the scanner, it offers to install the software, and then gives the error -9945 (the software for this device is not installed). installing the HP driver package didn't help. please help, maybe someone knows where to get the HP laserjet 3055 MFP driver. support for the model has been suspended on the manufacturer's website. thank you in advance)))

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 8:45 AM

Welcome!

Try using the Image Capture app included with macOS to see it it detects the scanner:

Use Image Capture to scan an image - Apple Support

I've used only Image Capture for all scanning for over ten years and three different multi-function devices. It is more reliable and easier to use than most printer software versions. If the computer recognizes the printer at all, Image capture should work.

If HP does not have the software then I consider it unavailable. Too many sites offering "free" drivers are happy to give you a nasty adware infestation bundled with the "free" driver.

This Apple article says NOT to download scanner software but rather let the Printer setup software available to System Preferences in macOS do it.

Set up a scanner to use with Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 8:45 AM in response to Vgaru

Welcome!

Try using the Image Capture app included with macOS to see it it detects the scanner:

Use Image Capture to scan an image - Apple Support

I've used only Image Capture for all scanning for over ten years and three different multi-function devices. It is more reliable and easier to use than most printer software versions. If the computer recognizes the printer at all, Image capture should work.

If HP does not have the software then I consider it unavailable. Too many sites offering "free" drivers are happy to give you a nasty adware infestation bundled with the "free" driver.

This Apple article says NOT to download scanner software but rather let the Printer setup software available to System Preferences in macOS do it.

Set up a scanner to use with Mac - Apple Support

сканер hp laserjet 3055

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.