Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

firmware password on MacBook

my MacBook has been locked as it got stolen from me and when I found it and got returned to me, I was unable to open as it has asked some password I completely forgot what it was when I activated the Lock mode and marked it as Lost device using Find My and then I erase the MacBook from my Apple ID and iCloud account. My problem is I bought this MacBook through Gumtree as second hand goods and I could get the proof of purchase from the person I bought it from. However, I can show proof of purchase by showing to Apple the iMessages conversation including the details of the product and sellers address

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 6:18 PM

... I could get the proof of purchase from the person I bought it from.

Do that. Obtaining it or the Firmware Password from its previous owner is the only way to regain control of that Mac. Refer to this excerpt from Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support:

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 6:18 PM in response to ario209

... I could get the proof of purchase from the person I bought it from.

Do that. Obtaining it or the Firmware Password from its previous owner is the only way to regain control of that Mac. Refer to this excerpt from Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support:

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

firmware password on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.