Does Universal Clipboard worth with Live Text?

Universal Clipboard hasn't worked for me on Live Text to date.

When I copy Live Text on my iPhone 11, I can paste it on the iPhone, but if I try pasting via Universal Clipboard on the Mac, it doesn't paste. Universal Clipboard works fine otherwise with anything else I copy on the phone.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 2:59 PM

Hello Adam F,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about Live Text with Universal Clipboard.

Seems like these two are not compatible. Live Text only has these options: Use Live Text with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

• 2. "After the yellow frame appears around detected text, tap the Live Text button, then do any of the following:
  • Copy Text: Copy text to paste into another app such as Notes or Messages.
  • Select All: Select all the text within the frame.
  • Look Up: Show personalized web suggestions.
  • Translate: Translate text.
  • Search the web: Look up the selected text on the web.
  • Share: Share text using AirDrop, Messages, Mail, or other available options."

Is one of the options in the share menu Universal Clipboard? The only apps mentioned here are: Use Live Text to interact with content in a photo or video on iPhone - Apple Support

"Live Text is available on supported models and can also be used in Safari, Camera, Quick Look, and more."

If Universal Clipboard is an option in the share menu, do other things work? Have you ensured all the settings are correct? Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices - Apple Support

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 2:59 PM in response to Adam F

Hello Adam F,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about Live Text with Universal Clipboard.

Seems like these two are not compatible. Live Text only has these options: Use Live Text with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

• 2. "After the yellow frame appears around detected text, tap the Live Text button, then do any of the following:
  • Copy Text: Copy text to paste into another app such as Notes or Messages.
  • Select All: Select all the text within the frame.
  • Look Up: Show personalized web suggestions.
  • Translate: Translate text.
  • Search the web: Look up the selected text on the web.
  • Share: Share text using AirDrop, Messages, Mail, or other available options."

Is one of the options in the share menu Universal Clipboard? The only apps mentioned here are: Use Live Text to interact with content in a photo or video on iPhone - Apple Support

"Live Text is available on supported models and can also be used in Safari, Camera, Quick Look, and more."

If Universal Clipboard is an option in the share menu, do other things work? Have you ensured all the settings are correct? Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices - Apple Support

Cheers!

Does Universal Clipboard worth with Live Text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.