Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Wifi intermittent connectivity

My iPhone 13 is having intermittent wifi issues. Sometimes the wifi works totally fine but other times even though it shows as connected there is no connectivity. I have to turn off the wifi and turn it back on and that sometimes will fix it but sometimes I have to turn it off and on a few times to get it to work.

I have tried already to reset and restore network settings and restart the device several times.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 7:00 PM

ungerre Said:

"Wifi intermittent connectivity: My iPhone 13 is having intermittent wifi issues. [...]I have tried already to reset and restore network settings and restart the device several times."

-------

Troubleshooting Intermittent Network Issues:

A. Try Another Network:

What happens when you try another network? Do you still get this issue? If it is a public LAN, then you may be using too much of the resources, and are being kicked off of the LAN. You typically see hotel doing this, especially with little to no vacancy left.

B. Disable a VPN:

If you are connected to a VPN, then disconnect from it. Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why.

C. Take to the Network Administrator:

If this is not a home network, but rather a large LAN ot business LAN, then contact the Network Administrator. As for a school (i.e. college), the Web Master is the person to contact.

D. Restart your Router:

If this is a home network, then power off your router, and then power it back on.

E. Municipais Issues:

If you live in an urban community, then you maybe having issues through your ISP. There is only so much that broadband can handle.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 7:00 PM in response to ungerre

ungerre Said:

"Wifi intermittent connectivity: My iPhone 13 is having intermittent wifi issues. [...]I have tried already to reset and restore network settings and restart the device several times."

-------

Troubleshooting Intermittent Network Issues:

A. Try Another Network:

What happens when you try another network? Do you still get this issue? If it is a public LAN, then you may be using too much of the resources, and are being kicked off of the LAN. You typically see hotel doing this, especially with little to no vacancy left.

B. Disable a VPN:

If you are connected to a VPN, then disconnect from it. Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why.

C. Take to the Network Administrator:

If this is not a home network, but rather a large LAN ot business LAN, then contact the Network Administrator. As for a school (i.e. college), the Web Master is the person to contact.

D. Restart your Router:

If this is a home network, then power off your router, and then power it back on.

E. Municipais Issues:

If you live in an urban community, then you maybe having issues through your ISP. There is only so much that broadband can handle.

Wifi intermittent connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.