Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connectivity on iPhone XS

I have an iPhone XS. Last week it started to lose its wifi connectivity constantly. My other Apple device (ipad) is fine. I have checked the router and rebooted and that is fine plus all other wifi devices are working as usual.

I have followed instructions to ensure wifi is connected properly on my iPhone & I have done the long list of switch on/off, reboot, toggle wifi button etc.

As soon as I notice the lost connectivity I go into wifi and selected router and it finds it ok. But it no longer stays connected.

All help welcome.

Thank you in advance.

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 9:29 PM

FizziGig Said:

"Wifi connectivity on iPhone XS: I have an iPhone XS. Last week it started to lose its wifi connectivity constantly. My other Apple device (ipad) is fine. I have checked the router and rebooted and that is fine plus all other wifi devices are working as usual. [...]As soon as I notice the lost connectivity I go into wifi and selected router and it finds it ok. But it no longer stays connected.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 9:29 PM in response to FizziGig

FizziGig Said:

"Wifi connectivity on iPhone XS: I have an iPhone XS. Last week it started to lose its wifi connectivity constantly. My other Apple device (ipad) is fine. I have checked the router and rebooted and that is fine plus all other wifi devices are working as usual. [...]As soon as I notice the lost connectivity I go into wifi and selected router and it finds it ok. But it no longer stays connected.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Wifi connectivity on iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.