You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble getting VPN by Google One to work

I am wondering if it is because of the CPU this is what they say is supported and I have Intel Iris Pro 1536 & AMD Radeon R9 M370X

• CPU: Intel x86 and Apple M series ARM chipset will be supported

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 6:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 10:53 PM

PhaedrusAudio Said:

"Having trouble getting VPN by Google One to work: Thanks I figured it out in the end anyway and it was more about being able to stream from other countries as I am in Canada and we often have to wait a while longer for releases up here. But that is a good point thank you!"

-------

You are welcome.

Excellent job troubleshooting!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2023 10:53 PM in response to PhaedrusAudio

PhaedrusAudio Said:

"Having trouble getting VPN by Google One to work: Thanks I figured it out in the end anyway and it was more about being able to stream from other countries as I am in Canada and we often have to wait a while longer for releases up here. But that is a good point thank you!"

-------

You are welcome.

Excellent job troubleshooting!

Jun 12, 2023 9:32 PM in response to PhaedrusAudio

PhaedrusAudio Said:

"I mean there are a million 1 star VPNs on the App store and they all have terrible reviews and I have this for free from have a google one account so thought I would try it out. Anyway if it was far anything nefarious I would just use Tor ;p"

-------

Based on Personal Experience:

VPNs are services that a paid for. On a PC, VPNs are ideal for everyday users. I, for one, have to use it on a PC while at work(Norton). At home, there is no VPN installed --and I have no plans for it.

So, what to use...

Scan with Malwarebytes for Mac:

Start with running a scan for malware, using Malwarebytes for Mac and remove what is found. Perhaps something was installed that made this occur. Remove what is found from the quarantine. Malware is short for: Malicious Software, which makes you computer act in a mislead manor. Malwarebytes is designed by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable Security Software for Macs.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstalle

Having trouble getting VPN by Google One to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.