Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

I need help I can’t download anything that is because I need more storage but it won’t let me get storage.

I just need help I’m stressing out. How do you get through this?

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 5:45 AM

You need more space on your device in order to download more content. Buying iCloud storage will not help with that. You need to make more space on your phone by deleting content.

See this for more information about device and iCloud storage.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Make sure that you read the links about making more storage on your phone.

If you are not able to buy more storage, you need to explain what is happening when you try to make the purchase.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 5:45 AM in response to JulianaFernelius

You need more space on your device in order to download more content. Buying iCloud storage will not help with that. You need to make more space on your phone by deleting content.

See this for more information about device and iCloud storage.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Make sure that you read the links about making more storage on your phone.

If you are not able to buy more storage, you need to explain what is happening when you try to make the purchase.

Jun 12, 2023 5:45 AM in response to JulianaFernelius

You cannot get more storage on any iPhone. Each Apple device comes with a set amount of storage that cannot be changed. You have two options:

• Buy a new iPhone that offers more storage, or

• Optimize the storage on your current iPhone. You can do this and possibly free up space, by deleting apps, deleting old photos you no longer need, old emails & messages. You can read more about it here: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

You’ve come here from a Support page about disabled accounts. If your account is disabled, you should contact Apple directly by tapping Support at the top or bottom of the page.

I need help I can’t download anything that is because I need more storage but it won’t let me get storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.