Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

MacBook Pro restarts after deep sleep

Dear all,

I'm having issues with my MacBookPro15,2. When waking it up after a long time, it crashes with the typical black screen of a kernel panic. I have removed several software trying to detect the issue with no luck.

This does not happen when booting in safe mode. I don't know what else to do.

Could you have a look at the EtreCheckPro report?

In the Console app, I cleaned the crash errors, and then the Mac restarted again, but this field is empty now.

Kind regards,

David.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 4:36 AM

Thank you!

I finally resolved this issue by upgrading to Monterey.

I think the problem was caused by the Turbo Boost Switcher kernel extension because when I removed it, the problem did not happen.

Now, in Monterey, I am using both: the low power mode of macOS 12 plus Turbo Boost Switcher, and all is fine.

Best,

David.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 4:36 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you!

I finally resolved this issue by upgrading to Monterey.

I think the problem was caused by the Turbo Boost Switcher kernel extension because when I removed it, the problem did not happen.

Now, in Monterey, I am using both: the low power mode of macOS 12 plus Turbo Boost Switcher, and all is fine.

Best,

David.

Jun 16, 2023 5:18 PM in response to dvdsosa

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. .

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

MacBook Pro restarts after deep sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.