Why did my move streak go down?

On Saturday, my move streak was at 378 days. When I closed my move ring Sunday, it said my streak was 35 days and when I closed it today, my streak was 36 days. I have missed a day in 380 days, but my streak was partially reset? How does this happen?

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 11:22 AM

10 replies

Aug 28, 2023 8:00 AM in response to Entegy

What a bizarre bug! A few days ago, I became yet another victim, when my move streak of more than 650 days reset to 35. After finding this thread yesterday, I restarted both phone and watch, and my move streak is back, sort of... It shows that my current streak is 665 days, but it says my longest streak is "36 days, ending on 8/24/23", which of course makes no sense. So weird!

I recommend everyone affected by this bug (indeed, anyone who loves tracking their activity on their Apple Watch, whether they've experienced the bug or not) file a report at Feedback - Watch - Apple

I sure hope they get this fixed in the next watchOS update!!

Jun 12, 2023 6:57 PM in response to Entegy

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Sep 2, 2023 5:25 AM in response to Entegy

My problem started on 1-Sept-2023, when my move streak went to 35. I tried restarting both my iPhone and Watch. That didn’t work, so I then unpaired and re-paired the Watch. That didn’t help either. Here’s screenshots of 31-Aug and 1-Sept:

On the “summary” screen after this morning’s walk it show 43

If I touch the three rings to go to the details, it clearly shows my move streak is intact at 1270

I’m not sure how to fix this problem. The watch is at 9.6.1 and the iPhone 13Pro is 16.6 versions. Any ideas ?

Why did my move streak go down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.