iCloud calendars not synching

I am trying to share my iCloud calendars with my wife. Most are showing up but one is not. In the sidebar on my device, it indicates that it's been shared with her, and does not give me the option to resend the invitation. Online guidance tells me that I should get that option if I click on the little sound broadcast icon, but it doesn't show up with a right or left click. I'm in my iCloud online account, not in the Calendar app on my laptop. Any ideas?? thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 11:09 PM

Her correct contact details including mail address should be added in your Mac address book Add people and companies to Contacts on Mac - Apple Support also you must have checked the box of calendars from system preferences and not using only iCloud web based account Web-only access to iCloud - Apple Support

When you sign in with Apple ID account credentials from a browser at www.icloud.com right click over the name or click on drop down arrows of her name and share iCloud calendar , she might be using a different mail address say example1@gmail.com it's not necessary her mail account is always added in Mac system internet accounts ( its optional ) .

You can share the calendar she has to accept the calendar invitation , a mail will be received in her IMAP account in Mac , click on the link and accept , she can also accept ( subscribe the calendar from web account ) Use iCloud calendar subscriptions - Apple Support

See also

Accept a shared calendar invitation on iCloud.com

Receive updates to calendars on iCloud.com

Invite people to a calendar event on iCloud.com

Note : you can also add the person from www.icloud.com ( enter the name and other contact credentials , including mail address ) , your Mac and her device should be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 11:09 PM in response to s_dragonfly_mn

Her correct contact details including mail address should be added in your Mac address book Add people and companies to Contacts on Mac - Apple Support also you must have checked the box of calendars from system preferences and not using only iCloud web based account Web-only access to iCloud - Apple Support

When you sign in with Apple ID account credentials from a browser at www.icloud.com right click over the name or click on drop down arrows of her name and share iCloud calendar , she might be using a different mail address say example1@gmail.com it's not necessary her mail account is always added in Mac system internet accounts ( its optional ) .

You can share the calendar she has to accept the calendar invitation , a mail will be received in her IMAP account in Mac , click on the link and accept , she can also accept ( subscribe the calendar from web account ) Use iCloud calendar subscriptions - Apple Support

See also

Accept a shared calendar invitation on iCloud.com

Receive updates to calendars on iCloud.com

Invite people to a calendar event on iCloud.com

Note : you can also add the person from www.icloud.com ( enter the name and other contact credentials , including mail address ) , your Mac and her device should be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network .

iCloud calendars not synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.