What to do? Trying to add Credit Card to Apple Wallet, but all I get is: ‘ To add cards, keys, tickets, and passes to Wallet, look for the Add to Wallet button in apps, emails, and websites.’

It's all in the subject line. I have looked through the relevant knowledge base articles. They all say go to the Wallet Settings and click on "Add Card", or the + button on the top right of the Wallet app. Both these actions just produces the dialog box with that unhelpful message. I saw another poster in this forum who fixed his problem by changing his Region settings to USA. But mine already is set to USA. Any ideas to try?

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 1:10 PM

The only way to fix this is to sign out of your iCloud. This deletes the wallet. Then you sign back in, and re-create your wallet. Works fine after that.

Not clear what happens to the Wallet to get into this state in the first place... Apple Mystery Bugs!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2023 1:10 PM in response to KalK

The only way to fix this is to sign out of your iCloud. This deletes the wallet. Then you sign back in, and re-create your wallet. Works fine after that.

Not clear what happens to the Wallet to get into this state in the first place... Apple Mystery Bugs!

Dec 12, 2023 11:44 PM in response to KalK

Why should you need to sign out and sign in? I’m trying to add a NSW (Australia) travel card which is available on the app, but travel cards are limited to Japan, China, Korea and yes USA not sure how USA fits into Asia but that’s another conversation. Apple are way behind on this I had similar issues in UK recently. My device is Australian registered my travel cards are Australian but I can only add Chinese Korean Japanese USA travel cards???? Like Apple WTF!!!

Dec 12, 2023 11:49 PM in response to melon mango

Also if my device is registered in Australia, why do I have the ability to add Chinese Korean Japanese USA travel cards??? Surely they are locked to the area that the device is registered? That was my issue in UK, Apple asked me to re -register my location to UK to receive UK apps but would lose my Australian Apple TV subscription if I did that even though I was only there on a 4 week holiday! So much for the global community. Smacks of captive marketing and profit gouging to me. Apple yet again disappoints

What to do? Trying to add Credit Card to Apple Wallet, but all I get is: ‘ To add cards, keys, tickets, and passes to Wallet, look for the Add to Wallet button in apps, emails, and websites.’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.