Help getting RX580 GPU to display in 4,1 mac pro

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased an AMD RX580 Sapphire Nitro video card for my 4,1 mac pro in order to upgrade to macOS Mojave. After installing the GPU in the system I can't seem to get a picture from Mac. After Powering up the system the RX580 fans spin to life but no image. I understand I will not see a boot screen since it's a non-efi card but even after leaving it for 20 minutes it still shows no life. I have already updated my macs firmware to be a 5,1 instead of a 4,1 and am running macOS High Sierra. MacOS High Sierra supports the RX580 so I don't understand why it wouldn't like it. The card also reciving full power as far as I'm aware aswell.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 7:57 PM

I have done some diagnosing which included running both the original GPU and RX580 and tried remote access on Windows and I think the GPU is broken. Therefore I will be returning it. I did look to see if the card had a bios switch and it did not. All is good I will get another one. Thanks to everyone who helped and commented on this post!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 7:57 PM in response to CoveWolf

I have done some diagnosing which included running both the original GPU and RX580 and tried remote access on Windows and I think the GPU is broken. Therefore I will be returning it. I did look to see if the card had a bios switch and it did not. All is good I will get another one. Thanks to everyone who helped and commented on this post!

Help getting RX580 GPU to display in 4,1 mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.