What printer is compatible with my IMac 24 inch desktop 256GB

What printer is compatible with my new IMac 24 inch desktop 256GB My old Canon Pixma mg 6220 not compatible

iMac 24″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 4:26 AM

Hi,

The Canon PIXMA MG6220 is not mentioned in the latest (May 08, 2023 en-us edition) About AirPrint - Apple Support. However, it is interesting to note that a Canon MG6220 in fact was listed as a supported AirPrint printer as late as in the July 01, 2022 version of the same article. The reason for this change is unknown to me. It could possibly be just because the MG6220 model has been retired by Canon.

An AirPrint printer is compatible with macOS, and can be used without having to install drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

So, you may want to carry out a test with AirPrint and your new iMac. The MG6220 has both Wi-Fi and Ethernet (in addition to USB). The best way may be to wire the Ethernet port of the printer to one of the LAN ports of your Wi-Fi router (but you could of course use a wireless printer connection to the router instead).

Check that your printer has the latest firmware.

An AirPrint user guide from Canon UK (for similar models, such as the MG6250) could perhaps be of interest to you:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

AirPrint printing can also be tested with an iPhone or iPad.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 4:26 AM in response to dollymags

Hi,

The Canon PIXMA MG6220 is not mentioned in the latest (May 08, 2023 en-us edition) About AirPrint - Apple Support. However, it is interesting to note that a Canon MG6220 in fact was listed as a supported AirPrint printer as late as in the July 01, 2022 version of the same article. The reason for this change is unknown to me. It could possibly be just because the MG6220 model has been retired by Canon.

An AirPrint printer is compatible with macOS, and can be used without having to install drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

So, you may want to carry out a test with AirPrint and your new iMac. The MG6220 has both Wi-Fi and Ethernet (in addition to USB). The best way may be to wire the Ethernet port of the printer to one of the LAN ports of your Wi-Fi router (but you could of course use a wireless printer connection to the router instead).

Check that your printer has the latest firmware.

An AirPrint user guide from Canon UK (for similar models, such as the MG6250) could perhaps be of interest to you:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

AirPrint printing can also be tested with an iPhone or iPad.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

What printer is compatible with my IMac 24 inch desktop 256GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.