Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Can’t get rid of iPad Music data

My iPad is filling up. I see that there is 12gb worth of data under Music when I consult iPad storage in settings, but there are no files of music listed there, nor does it show me in Music that I’ve downloaded anything. I tried deleting Music, but it still kept the data! Reinstalling it changes nothing. Any idea how to get rid of all this data?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 2:33 AM

As described, a full reset of the iPad may be necessary.

Ensure that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup before performing the reset:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

When you are happy to proceed, you can perform the reset from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

The reset will fully erase all locally data. After the iPad restarts, you’ll need to setup the iPad again using your AppleID; you will have opportunity to restore the iPad from your iCloud backup during setup. Otherwise, you data can be manually restored:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 2:33 AM in response to bldonnell

As described, a full reset of the iPad may be necessary.

Ensure that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup before performing the reset:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

When you are happy to proceed, you can perform the reset from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

The reset will fully erase all locally data. After the iPad restarts, you’ll need to setup the iPad again using your AppleID; you will have opportunity to restore the iPad from your iCloud backup during setup. Otherwise, you data can be manually restored:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Can’t get rid of iPad Music data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.