Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I can't use my home pod mini to my iPhone 14. The mini pod only plays songs from the internet. I want it to play my songs off my phone. In the my home app, it the mini pod doesn't show up as an accessory.

How can I make this accessory work with my iPhone? Since I bought it it has been sitting on my book shelf unusable. This isn't like apple.

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 2:31 AM

not sure if you think the homepod itself can access media stored on your iphone because that is not really how it works

it can access apple music and music you purchased from itunes store if you want to play other stuff from your iphone you have to airplay it

Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2023 2:31 AM in response to Iriskalb

not sure if you think the homepod itself can access media stored on your iphone because that is not really how it works

it can access apple music and music you purchased from itunes store if you want to play other stuff from your iphone you have to airplay it

Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support

I can't use my home pod mini to my iPhone 14. The mini pod only plays songs from the internet. I want it to play my songs off my phone. In the my home app, it the mini pod doesn't show up as an accessory.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.