Does one have to use iTunes? Because I don’t have a computer to use to download music and backup the iOS files on.

Does one have to use iTunes? Because I don’t have a computer to use to download music and backup the iOS files on.

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 7:25 PM

Many people use iOS devices without having a computer. You can download music, apps, books, movies, etc, directly on your iOS device in the iTunes App and the App Store, and the Books App. You can backup with iCloud and don’t need a computer for that either. If you have a device that becomes disabled or you forget your passcode, you would need a computer to get back into your device. If you don’t have a computer, any PC or Mac that meets the requirements can be used to restore the device.

These should be helpful with downloads and purchases.

Buy music from the iTunes Store on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Buy books and audiobooks in Apple Books on iPhone - Apple Support

Backing up with iCloud information here.

How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 7:25 PM in response to IOSsurvivor2016

Many people use iOS devices without having a computer. You can download music, apps, books, movies, etc, directly on your iOS device in the iTunes App and the App Store, and the Books App. You can backup with iCloud and don’t need a computer for that either. If you have a device that becomes disabled or you forget your passcode, you would need a computer to get back into your device. If you don’t have a computer, any PC or Mac that meets the requirements can be used to restore the device.

These should be helpful with downloads and purchases.

Buy music from the iTunes Store on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Buy books and audiobooks in Apple Books on iPhone - Apple Support

Backing up with iCloud information here.

How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.