Conneting my Canon PIXMA G3411 Printer to my Macbook Pro

I just bought a canon CANON PIXMA G3411 Printer and and it is not accepting connection with my mac.

Is there any solution for printing from my macbook pro using this printer?

Please advise. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 11:34 PM

krube Said:

"Conneting my Canon PIXMA G3411 Printer to my Macbook Pro: I just bought a canon CANON PIXMA G3411 Printer and and it is not accepting connection with my Mac. Is there any solution for printing from my macbook pro using this printer? Please advise. Thanks."

-------

Incompatibly is the Culprit:

No. This printer it is incompatible with macOS. So, this will not work. You'll have to go with a compatible printer.

1. Go here: PIXMA G3411 Specifications & Features - Canon
  2. Scroll to: Software
  3. View: Supported Operating Systems
  4. As it Reads: "Windows 10 , Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 .NET Framework 4.5.2 or 4.6 is required"
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 11:34 PM in response to krube

krube Said:

"Conneting my Canon PIXMA G3411 Printer to my Macbook Pro: I just bought a canon CANON PIXMA G3411 Printer and and it is not accepting connection with my Mac. Is there any solution for printing from my macbook pro using this printer? Please advise. Thanks."

-------

Incompatibly is the Culprit:

No. This printer it is incompatible with macOS. So, this will not work. You'll have to go with a compatible printer.

1. Go here: PIXMA G3411 Specifications & Features - Canon
  2. Scroll to: Software
  3. View: Supported Operating Systems
  4. As it Reads: "Windows 10 , Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 .NET Framework 4.5.2 or 4.6 is required"

Jun 15, 2023 7:09 AM in response to krube

Hi,

The G3411 appears to be a model for Windows and Linux.

Normally, for a modern Mac, you should look for a printer with AirPrint support. A number of Canon G-series models are listed as supported in About AirPrint - Apple Support. An AirPrint printer is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). You could also use an AirPrint printer with an iPhone or iPad.

Some G-series printers (like the G3400) have CUPS printer drivers for Mac, but whether such a driver would work at all with a G3411 is not known to me.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/product_ranges/printers/pixma/

Conneting my Canon PIXMA G3411 Printer to my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.