How to add my child to family sharing without a apple device to invite

Ok so.. my child has Apple ID on his iPad. Still, he played around and accidentally left family sharing and I no longer have my iPhone (I broke it) so I've tried my Microsoft computer to add him back on and even this website to see if I can if I'm logged into my apple id. But nothing has worked I've also looked around these communities and can't find anything to help me.

So please help!

p.s All my apple devices are too old to use or are broken

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 8:01 AM

If all you have is a Windows computer, you cannot manage Family Sharing using that. The general accepted take by both Apple and non-Apple posts on this forum is that anything to do with managing Family Sharing requires an Apple device. This is despite Apple saying in its own documentation:

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

"How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2023 8:01 AM in response to Violet4

If all you have is a Windows computer, you cannot manage Family Sharing using that. The general accepted take by both Apple and non-Apple posts on this forum is that anything to do with managing Family Sharing requires an Apple device. This is despite Apple saying in its own documentation:

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

"How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription."

How to add my child to family sharing without a apple device to invite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.