Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Bluray output exceeds 25gb - no adjustment possible?

I need to create a blu-ray of a 2-hour feature film of mine. But using the built-in "bluray" "destination in FCP, the output = 27GB. And a normal BR disc is 25GB.

The video encoding, unfortunately, (in compressor and as used by FCP) is "LOCKED." If I could lower the bit rate from 30Mbps to, say, 28Mbps, the film would probably fit. However, compressor will not let me make any changes to this preset. Therefore FCP cannot do this job, even though it's "close." For the record, I have made much shorter blu-rays successfully a day or two ago.

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 9:09 AM

I don't use BluRay, but if I remember correctly, 25GB is "Single Layer".

Try selecting "Single Layer" instead of "Automatic":

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 15, 2023 11:24 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis! I think this is the piece I was missing. It appears that this will work. I guess I figured "automatic" would cover it and I didn't explore the alternatives (in the pull down), but I did see the estimate that exceeded 25gb.

But with "single-layer" selected, the estimate changes to 21GB! So, the machine is cranking away but it seems likely this is the solution Thank you!!

Bluray output exceeds 25gb - no adjustment possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.