Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Annoying Popups

All of a sudden, when I sign on, I keep getting these pop-ups from Norton and McAfee virus protection. How do I

get rid of them?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 7:45 AM

Are those popups appearing at the upper right of your screen?

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings (or Preferences) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

Related: How do I stop mcAfee fake renewal notifications - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 7:45 AM in response to Annoyingpopups

Are those popups appearing at the upper right of your screen?

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings (or Preferences) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

Related: How do I stop mcAfee fake renewal notifications - Apple Community

Annoying Popups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.