Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

how to uninstall McAfee Antivirus pop ups

I keep getting McAfee pop ups telling me Safari is infected with a virus. How do I check for such viruses and then remove McAfee software and pop ups?

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 11:21 AM

These are probably notifications that come from Safari.

To get rid of them, open Safari, click Safari > Settings in the menu bar, click the Websites tab and then click Notifications in the sidebar. In the list on the right, delete the sites that send you unwanted notifications.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 11:21 AM in response to AndiLoon

These are probably notifications that come from Safari.

To get rid of them, open Safari, click Safari > Settings in the menu bar, click the Websites tab and then click Notifications in the sidebar. In the list on the right, delete the sites that send you unwanted notifications.

May 16, 2024 8:19 AM in response to AndiLoon

If it is a Notification that was allowed to pop up in Safari, it will look like this:

Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community

Pop-Ups can also be blocked by Safari by going to Safari > Settings > Websites > Pop-Up Windows, and you can block Pop-Ups from specific websites and all future websites by changing the option on the bottom titled "When visiting other websites" to "Block". As 6x6 suggested, a screenshot will be useful in determining where this is coming from.

If that is not what you are seeing, then post the free EtreCheck report using the Additional Text option when posting as there is a process that is running on startup that is producing this popup. Usually this occurs from a Anit-Virus application that has been installed trying to get you to subscribe to their service by giving you these fake messages that there is a problem.

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

how to uninstall McAfee Antivirus pop ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.