I need a password protected document on Files but I forgot the password.

I REALLY need this document and I made it a few years ago. I password protected it but didn’t open it for a while and forgot the password. I’m using an iPad so any suggestions for that kind of device would be helpful.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 3:35 PM

Hi, try to remember any possible passwords you might have used. Maybe you used a common phrase or your favorite number combination. If that doesn't work, try to remember the date or occasion when you created the document, as that might give you a clue for the password.

If all else fails, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance. They can help you recover your password or provide other solutions to access your document.

I hope this helps!

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 3:35 PM in response to walking_bookshelf

Hi, try to remember any possible passwords you might have used. Maybe you used a common phrase or your favorite number combination. If that doesn't work, try to remember the date or occasion when you created the document, as that might give you a clue for the password.

If all else fails, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance. They can help you recover your password or provide other solutions to access your document.

I hope this helps!

[Edited by Moderator]

I need a password protected document on Files but I forgot the password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.