Ventura 13.4 Update

I just updated to macOS Ventura 13.4 and can not open a finder window or drive without getting the spinning wheel and a non-responsive finder. I have to force quit finder, but it happens every time I try and open a finder window. Is this a known issue with the 13.4 update? Is there a fix?

iMac Pro, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:28 AM

dtaksas wrote:

I just updated to macOS Ventura 13.4 and can not open a finder window or drive without getting the spinning wheel and a non-responsive finder. I have to force quit finder, but it happens every time I try and open a finder window. Is this a known issue with the 13.4 update? Is there a fix?

Have you shut down and restarted more than once since you "updated" ?

if so and no resolve—

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies..

does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 10:28 AM in response to dtaksas

dtaksas wrote:

Have you shut down and restarted more than once since you "updated" ?

if so and no resolve—

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies..

does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

Ventura 13.4 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.