“Family” Sharing - What about large families?

Can Apple create a process to allow adding additional family members, so that large families can share in the many benefits of “Family Sharing”?

We are a family of 7. My wife and I have 5 children, their ages are 13, 13, 11, 6, and 3. Each of us have an Apple ID, but we had to share my 6 year old's Apple ID with his younger brother because of the current limit of 6 on a family. Now, he has started to notice that his younger brother has all the same apps, at the same level on Apple Arcade games, same photos, etc. He is greatly upset about this and wondering why he can't have his own Apple ID, like everyone else in the family. We need to add a 7th Apple ID because our family size is 7, but we can’t do this because Apple currently defines a family as 6 members or less. 

This may be an oversight, but calling something “family sharing” and then limiting it to 6 family members is misleading and discriminatory toward larger families that invest many thousands of dollars into the Apple ecosystem of products. We just don’t want to split our family, and stay connected through features like Screen Time, etc. We hope that Apple understands and can help here. Thank you.

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 3:16 PM

Apple does not read this forum for feedback. Go here to express your desires to Apple.

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 16, 2023 4:31 PM in response to Demo

I have already left feedback, but was advised to leave on forums too. This is an issue I’d like to gain public support for. There should be a way to add family members to family sharing, since we are “family”. This is a good place to get ideas and suggestions for how best to implement that.

“Family” Sharing - What about large families?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.