Is there a way that I can download a long string of messages then open it in Pages?

Is there a way that I can download a long string of messages then open it in pages?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 3:54 PM

On a Mac, messages are in sent and received with the Messages app.

Where are the messages you want to download and what app created them?

You can copy and past all the messages you want into a word processing app. You certainly can into a Word document.

11 replies

Jun 17, 2023 3:54 PM in response to ku4hx

The messages are on my phone, my iPad and my iMac, and my laptop in the Messages app. they run over the course of at least a year and a half. I would like to be able to download the entire message string, and any that might follow at a later time, and then use them perhaps in a manuscript. I would like them to be in the same physical arrangement as they are when you look at the Messages app, if that’s possible.

Jun 17, 2023 6:29 PM in response to merarkmur94

merarkmur94 wrote:

Yes all my devices are synced up, I want to transfer all of them into a pages document so that I can edit, format, and might be able to eventually publish them in some form. I would like to preserve the way the texts appear in the messages app.

Can't you just select them like any other text and then copy/paste into a blank pages doc?

Sep 19, 2023 5:29 AM in response to merarkmur94

Select the person on the left half of the Message app where there is an associated threaded conversation and then File menu : Print… : PDF : Save as PDF. You will now have the full conversation exchange with that person.

There is no other format available to you and although you can select a single message, then press the cmd-key to add another message to that selection, this would be not be the best use of your time copying and pasting into Pages for large blocks of messages.

Is there a way that I can download a long string of messages then open it in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.